Everything You Need To Know About Wordle
Wordle is a simple and a viral game that exploded out of nowhere in the start of 2022 and became the new favorite game all across the world. You may have seen it on Twitter where people share a distinctive grid of green and yellow squares representing today’s Wordle answer, or showing their success in guessing the answer.
Although Wordle is a simple puzzle game asking people to guess a five letter word, you will always struggle in guessing the word even if you have been playing this game since its launch. That is why many sites are providing today’s wordle hint and helping people in getting the right answer.
However, if you do not have much knowledge about this game but want to play it do not worry. We are going to describe how to play Wordle, its rules, today’s Wordle hint and everything you want to know about it.
What Is Wordle?
Wordle is an online word guessing game but it has some unique features that make it distinct from its competitor. Following are those features:
- Players are only allowed to play one puzzle a day
- Everyone across the globe plays the same puzzle
- You can share your game on social media in a way that would not give away the answer to others.
Now let’s have a look at more details to understand the basics behind this game:
Your challenge in this game is to guess a five letter word in six attempts. Every time you make a guess, you will receive feedback showing which letters in your guess are present in the target word and if they are in the correct position. The goal is to guess the given attempts.
Where Can You Play Wordle?
You can play Wordle on your mobile, desktop or tablet by going to the New York Times Game website.
There is no app for the Wordle game so it is essential to remember if you see any claiming to be one, it is a fake.
It was designed by creator Josh Wardle and initially it was hosted on the Wordle website but moved when the New York Time bought Wordle in early February.
Although some people believe that Wordle has become more challenging since the New York Times took over, the game remains the same. Wordle is free to play and contains no advertisements, just as it was from the beginning.
When To Play Wordle?
You can complete only one puzzle of the Wordle each day. It is good because you do not need to waste your time on longer play sessions.
The game also resets daily at midnight, which means that if you are keen to play, you can complete it during late night hours while everyone is asleep.
How To Play Wordle?
Here are a few steps that will help you understand how you can play Wordle:
- To start playing wordle, go to the official website (https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/)
- The game will generate five letter words at random. The word will be made up of a combination of letters from the English alphabet.
- You will get six attempts to guess the word correctly. You have to enter a five letter word in the box and then click on the check button to see how many letters you have guessed right.
- If you have guessed any letter that is in the right position it will be shown in the green colour. On the other hand if you guessed a letter that is present in the word but it is not in the right position, it will be shown in yellow colour.
- Use the feedback from the game to narrow down your options for the next guess. Keep guessing until you either guess the word correctly or you run out of attempts.
- After you have completed your six attempts, the game will reveal the correct word and you can start a new game.
You may also find the hints for today’s Wordle answer on different sites when you search on the internet.
What Are The Rules For Playing Wordle?
Wordle is an incredibly simple game that has hardly a few rules which are as follows:
- You have to guess the right word in six attempts or less
- To play Wordle, you must enter a word that appears in the game’s word list. While the list contains over 10,000 words, only 2,309 of them (as of the time of writing) are potential solutions for each individual puzzle.
- A letter placed on the correct position will turn green.
- A correct letter at the wrong position turns yellow.
- An incorrect letter will appear in grey colour.
- Answers are always in singular
- You need to prove how clever you are by sharing your Wordle after you have completed.
Strategies For Playing Wordle
- Start with a vowel because in the English language vowels are the most common letters. Thus it is always a good strategy to start guessing a word with a vowel in the first position.
- Eliminate Letters: Once you have guessed a word and received feedback from the game, you can use that information to eliminate letters that you know are not in the word. It will help you narrow down your options for the next guess.
- Look for patterns in the letters that you have guessed correctly. For example, if the first and last letters are correct, but the middle three are not, you can use this information to narrow down your options.
- Keep a record: Keep a record of the words that you have guessed and the feedback that you have received from the game. This will help you to remember which letters you have already tried and which ones you need to focus on.
Top Four Tips For Playing Wordle
Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind when playing wordle:
- Don’t guess random words: It can be tempting to guess random words, but this is not an effective strategy for playing Wordle. Instead, use the feedback from the game to narrow down your options and make informed guesses.
- Take your time: You have six attempts to guess the word, so don’t rush. Take your time and think about your next move carefully.
- Don’t be afraid to guess: Remember, the goal of the game is to guess the word correctly. Don’t be afraid to make a guess, even if you are not 100% sure that it is correct.
- Play with friends: Wordle is a fun game to play with friends. You can compete to see who can guess the word correctly in the fewest number of attempts.
Wordle Grids People Share On Twitter
One of the most significant drivers behind the Wordle success is it allows social media sharing, but in a way that does not spoil the game for anyone who has not still played that day’s puzzle.
When you click on the share button to show your success to others in social media, you will get a grid showing the path you took but it will not reveal the actual letters. That is what makes it easy for people to share their win on Twitter or other social media platforms.
Since everyone is playing the same puzzle, it becomes easy for people to compare their answers with others whether they are strangers or friends in a Whatsapp group.
Most people share it on Twitter with several hashtags and search terms making the Wordle trending regularly. You may often see ‘Wordle 314’ or similar trending, with 314 being the game number. And when a puzzle is tough, you will see “Wordle 314 X’ where the X represent s the fact that people have failed it.
What is Meant By Wordle Hard Mode?
Wordle may not offer many additional features, but it offers dark and hard mode options. In hard mode, the game requires that you continue to use any correct letters from previous guesses in subsequent guesses.
For example, if your first guess includes a green S at the start of the word, all subsequent guesses must also include an S at the start.
Similarly, if your guess includes a yellow R, all subsequent guesses must include an R somewhere in the word.
What Are Wordle Streaks?
People are attracted to Wordle for the daily puzzle-solving challenge, but the streaks keep them engaged. Wordle maintains a record of the number of games played and the number of consecutive wins, which is known as a streak.
Many people have been using Wordle since its emergence, so it is not uncommon that some people have streaks around 100 or more now. But keep in mind if you miss a game you will lose your streak. Moreover, your streak is tracked by a single device.
For example if you usually play from your mobile but switched to the laptop for a day, your phone streak will be reset and the streak on your laptop starts from 1.
Many people lose their streak because they do not know how to play on one device to continue their streak rate. This is however highly frustrating to lose a streak when you miss or lose a single game.
What Is a WordleBot?
WordleBot is a brilliant tool made by New York Time (NYT) which analyses each game you play and provides you some smart tips on how you can play differently and efficiently and it also compares your game to the average.
You can access this bot on the NYT’s The Upshot site. However, it is no longer available for free and you need an NYT subscription to access WordleBot.